Friday, September 28, 2012
UK Firefighter awarded 24k for occupational asthma
Leigh Payne was exposed to unfiltered diesel fumes that would collect in the cargo holds of planes.
In 2010, he was diagnosed with occupational asthma, and had to take time off work.
After medical professionals concluded that his asthma was caused by the exposure to the diesel fumes, he took legal action against the airport. The Exeter and Devon airport initially denied liability, but settled the case out of court after receiving evidence about the hazardous nature of the fumes.
Simple safety measures such as exhaust ducting could have prevented his over-exposure.
Posted by AllerAir