|An eco-friendly approach to business pays off for|
many companies, numbers show.
It helps that many environmentalists demand greener products and feel that it makes financial sense.
From greener and more fuel efficient cars and a variety of organic products to eco-friendly dry-cleaning and lawn care – the choice has been growing for people all across North America.
Green businesses in the United States make up a $175 billion industry, which employs nearly 2 million workers.
Consumers are becoming more aware of a product’s makeup and ingredients, and they are demanding products with fewer added chemicals and synthetic materials.
And even businesses that involved a lot of harmful chemicals and solvents now find ways to become greener:
Car repairs and auto body shops
- Recycle materials such as metals, oil, tires and antifreeze
- Use organic glass cleaners, wheel degreasers, car-wash detergents and other products
- Use bulk products rather than individualized bottles to cut down on waste and packaging
- Use eco-friendly laundering agents such as liquefied carbon dioxide, silicone and biodegradable detergents instead of the commonly used solvent perchloroethylene (perc)
- Put clothes in plastic bags that are made from recyclable materials and biodegradable
- Use nontoxic, biodegradable agents that won’t affect indoor air quality
- Clean with reusable microfiber cloths
- Vacuum with a low-energy, HEPA filtration vacuum
Source: Miami Herald
Improve air quality with carbon + HEPA air cleaners
Greener and less toxic products are the first step towards a healthier and safer work environment, but many people are still exposed to chemicals and other toxins on the job, which can come from building materials, products that are used or manufactured and other sources.
Electrocorp offers portable and powerful air cleaners for the widest range of indoor air contaminants, including chemicals, gases, odors, particles, dust, allergens, bacteria, viruses and mold.
The air cleaners feature a complete air filtration system with deep-bed granular activated carbon, HEPA as well as optional UV germicidal filtration for biological contaminants.
The air cleaners are effective, energy-efficient as well as long-lasting, with reusable carbon canisters and other green features – and they can make a huge difference in the air quality in any space.
See also Electrocorp's air purifiers for auto body shops and garages.
For more information, contact Electrocorp.