Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Retired UK postal worker died from job-related asbestos exposure

A UK coroner has confirmed that a former postal worker died as a result of contaminants he encountered while on the job. Malcolm Roshier breathed in deadly asbestos spores during mail collections at Southampton Docks, an inquest heard.

Roshier, a delivery driver would collect mailbags contaminated with fibres from ships carrying asbestos. He worked until 1972 and like many asbestos-related cases, his health began to deteriorate years later in 2006. In died in October from malignant mesothelioma, a rare form of cancer linked to the inhalation of asbestos. He was 77.
Source: Daily Echo

Concerned about workplace chemical exposure? Contact an industrial air cleaning expert at 1-866-667-0297. 

No comments:

Post a Comment