Monday, February 11, 2013
UK Police issue asbestos warning to job site thieves
That's because the 'NUMATIC' vacuum taken from a local job site was used to remove asbestos, an insulation material known to be extremely hazardous when inhaled.
The tiny fibers can easily become airborne and cause serious health problems including mesothelioma, a cancer which affects the lining of the lungs and the lining surrounding the lower digestive tract. It's known as a 'silent killer" as the disease takes years to develop, but once it's diagnosed, it is almost always fatal.
Source: Carlisle Police